Hamburg Senatsbock 2022 in a package of 6 here!
The Senatsbock has a long tradition in the Hamburg beer scene, in the new edition it appears since 2013. For 2022, once again 8 Hamburg Craft Beer breweries have come together and 6 great beer specialties. Look forward to the following beers:
- Landgang Brewery has brewed a Cascadian Dark Ale this year. Dark malt is complemented by fruity hop notes like citrus and red berries in this beer.
- ÜberQuell's Senatsbock follows in the tradition of dark Belgian Trappist beers. The top-fermented Belgian yeast provides hints of plums and dried fruits as well as spices!
- Wildwuchs has brewed a classic dark Doppelbock: sweet, strong and with notes of caramel and coffee.
- Kehrwieders Senatsbock is a wonderfully creamy-sweet seduction thanks to sweet vanilla and a bit of lactose, rounded out by chocolaty malt flavors.
- Ratsherrn Brauerei has bottled a blend of fresh and barrel-aged (barrique) Senatsbock. Ratsherrn Bock impresses with complex notes of wood, chocolate and toffee.
- The collaboration of Blockbräu, Brauhaus Joh. Albrecht and Gröninger Privatbrauerei is also a classic dark Doppelbock. Wonderfully malty and still super drinkable!
A brief history of the Hamburg Senatsbock
In the long beer tradition of the Hanseatic city, there was a special phase in the 1950s. Five local breweries joined forces once a year to brew a special bock beer. This was then ceremonially tapped and celebrated in January of the following year. In 1958 this event took place for the first time. After a few years, however, this tradition fell asleep again and was forgotten.
Fortunately, however, it was not completely forgotten. Hamburg breweries Kehrwieder, Ratsherrn, Blockbräu, Gröninger and Joh. Albrecht have been working on a new recipe for Senatsbock since 2013. And in doing so, they created a real hype, even beyond the borders of the Hanseatic city. The craft beer breweries Landgang, ÜberQuell and Wildwuchs have been completing the quintet since 2018. Since then, every year there are new and unusual beer specialties based on the original.
The following beers are included:
- Kehrwieder Kreativbrauerei Senatsbock 2022 - Kehrwieder Kreativbrauerei, Sinstorfer Kirchweg 74-92, 21077 Hamburg, Germany - Doppelbock - 330ml - Alk. 6.5% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, BARLEY MALT, lactose, vanilla, hops, yeast.
- Landgang Senatsbock 2022 - Landgang Brauerei, Beerenweg 12, 22761 Hamburg, Germany - Cascadian Dark Ale - 330ml - Alk. 8.0% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, BARLEY MALT, hops, yeast.
- ÜberQuell Senatsbock 2022 - ÜberQuell Brauwerkstätten, St. Pauli Fischmarkt 28-32, 20359 Hamburg, Germany - Doppelbock - 330ml - Alk. 7.7% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, BARLEY MALT, rock candy, hops, yeast.
- Wildwuchs Senatsbock 2022 Bio Bock Edition - Wildwuchs Brauwerk Hamburg KG, Jaffestraße 8, 21109 Hamburg, Germany - Bockbier - 330ml - Alk. 6,5% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, BARLEY MALT, hops, yeast.
- Ratsherrn Senatsbock 2022 - Ratsherrn Brauerei GmbH, Lagerstraße 30a, 20357 Hamburg, Germany - Doppelbock - 330ml - Alk. 7.7% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, BARLEY MALT, hops, yeast.
- Blockbräu, Brauhaus Joh. Albrecht, Gröninger Privatbrauerei Senatsbock 2022 - Block Bräu GmbH, Bei den St. Pauli Landungsbrücken 3, 20359 Hamburg Doppelbock - 330ml - Alk. 7,0% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, barley malt, hops, yeast.