Hamburger Senatsbock 2023
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 3–7 workdays
Hamburg Senatsbock 2023 in a package of 6 here!
The Senatsbock has a long tradition in the Hamburg beer scene, in the new edition it appears since 2013. For 2023, once again 6 Hamburg Craft Beer breweries have come together and 6 great beer specialties.
THE DETAILS OF THE 2023 BEERS:
- Landgang Brewery has brewed another Cascadian Dark Ale this year. Dark malt is complemented by fruity hop notes like citrus and red berries in this beer.
- ÜberQuell's Senatsbock was also brewed with more hops than the classic. In addition to the hop varieties Saphir and Perle, Mosaic in particular was used, which produces subtle tropical fruit aromas.
- Wildwuchs has brewed a classic dark doppelbock: sweet, strong and with notes of caramel and coffee. And all in organic quality.
- Kehrwieders Senatsbock is something very special this year. A Belgian saison yeast was used as the yeast, which allows the Doppelbock a special effervescence and the high alcohol content of 9%.
- Ratsherrn Brauerei has brewed a classic Doppelbock, which has been complemented with the hop variety Amarillo. In addition, past vintages were blended and then aged in brandy barrels.
- Blockbräu has dedicated itself to a classic Doppelbock. Roasty, 7.4% strong and lightly chocolaty.
A brief history of the Hamburg Senatsbock
There was a special phase in the Hanseatic city's long beer tradition in the 1950s. Five local breweries joined forces once a year to brew a special bock beer. This was then ceremonially tapped and celebrated in January of the following year. This event took place for the first time in 1958. After a few years, however, this tradition fell into oblivion.
Fortunately, however, it was not completely forgotten. The Hamburg breweries Kehrwieder, Ratsherrn, Blockbräu, Gröninger and Joh. Albrecht have been working on a new recipe for the Senatsbock since 2013. And with it they have triggered a real hype, even beyond the borders of the Hanseatic city. The craft beer breweries Landgang, ÜberQuell and Wildwuchs joined the quintet in 2018. Since then, there have been new and unusual beer specialities based on the original every year.
The following beers are included:
- Kehrwieder Kreativbrauerei Senatsbock 2022 - Kehrwieder Kreativbrauerei, Sinstorfer Kirchweg 74-92, 21077 Hamburg, Germany - Doppelbock - 330ml - Alk. 9.0% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, barley malt, hops, yeast.
- Landgang Senatsbock 2022 - Landgang Brauerei, Beerenweg 12, 22761 Hamburg, Germany - Cascadian Dark Ale - 330ml - Alk. 8,0% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, barley malt, hops, yeast.
- ÜberQuell Senatsbock 2022 - ÜberQuell Brauwerkstätten, St. Pauli Fischmarkt 28-32, 20359 Hamburg, Germany - Doppelbock - 330ml - Alk. 7,6% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, barley malt, hops, yeast.
- Wildwuchs Senatsbock 2022 Bio Bock Edition - Wildwuchs Brauwerk Hamburg KG, Jaffestraße 8, 21109 Hamburg, Germany - Bockbier - 330ml - Alk. 7,0% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, barley malt, hops, yeast.
- Ratsherrn Senatsbock 2022 - Ratsherrn Brauerei GmbH, Lagerstraße 30a, 20357 Hamburg, Germany - Doppelbock - 330ml - Alk. 7,5% Vol. - Ingredients: Water, barley malt, hops, yeast.